Monday, February 17, 2014

About communication


  1. What do you expect to learn from the podcast project? (List as many as you can.)
    I expect to learn how to make persuasive and eloquent arguments in Japanese as I express why Japanese high school students should consider attending Columbia University. Also, I hope to learn in detail about the various similarities and differences between the Japanese and US college systems. 
      
  2. What does "communication" mean to you?
    Communication, to me, entails the exchange of ideas. Because it's an exchange, communication requires that all parties involved contribute to the process, in turn helping each other understand certain ideas or concepts. 



5 comments:

  1. I am very happy that you mentioned mutual aspects communication. I hope you will learn something new through communicating with your teammates and audience. I am looking forward to watching your project!!
    TA: Aoki

    ReplyDelete
  2. リジーさん, I like your idea to show why high school students prefer Columbia! As a freshman in Columbia, you must have a lot experiences and reflections on this topic! I agree with you on the spirit that everyone should contribute to the group. That's what makes teamwork interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. こんにちは!yes i agree with you, i think the most important things we will learn from this project are how to be eloquent in Japanese and express our arguments convincingly. I'm looking forward to see your video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the insightful feedback, everyone. I'm hoping that my experience here as a first-year student will help in reaching out to college applicants in Japan. Like Victoria mentioned, I'm also hoping to learn to be more persuasive and eloquent when making arguments in Japan. I will keep you guys updated on the project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad we're on the same page regarding mutual communication--I'm sure it will make getting this project done a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete